Thursday 31 March 2011

Datascope Job Role: 3D Games Artist/ High Poly Modeller

I found the job role of a 3D games artist/ High Poly Modeller. I initially did not want to work in games however this job role sounds interesting. Once again I am going to use the traffic light system to show if I meet the requirements of this job position.

"Currently they have and open position for two talented 3D artists.

Skills:
  • A meticulous and fully detailed approach to work
  • 3D Modelling - Rigging , Skinning, UV ability, Low poly skills.
  • High poly modelling is a bonus

Packages:
  • Proficiency in Maya / Max / Photoshop

Requirements:
  • Strong folio of work 

Bonus:
  • Any handheld / online experience would be great. 
  • Strong Leadership ability with the ability to tutor and create documentation
  • Experience with 2D browser games Unity - ( not essential ) 
  • Working knowledge of ZBrush.

Like with the other job roles that I have found, I have a handful of requirements that I meet and a handful
 of requirements that I don't meet. I think that my modelling skills meet the requirements. However I need to learn Rigging, I have learnt the basics of Rigging but need to learn it in more detail. I noticed there are a lot of job opportunties for Riggers. So if i became good at Rigging i'm sure I would be suited for lots more opportunity.

I need to learn Z-brush but that has been on my agenda for a long time.

I have never had the opportunity to lead a group but I have shown some leadership qualities in the projects that I have worked on and have kind of played a tutor role by writing the tutorial that I wrote for this project.

Unfotunatley I have not put a porfolio together yet, It is something that I am definatley going to do in the near future. The reason that I havnt already done so is because I do not feel that my work has been strong enough up until my recent work.

I need to spend more time practicing photoshop, it seems that most of these job roles are looking for people with a knowledge of photoshop.

However I think that affter a bit more practice and some more knowledge of software and techniques then I would definatley be a candidate for this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment