Thursday 31 March 2011

Luminova Ltd Job Role: Modeller

I found a modelling job role for a comapany called Luminova. It is not working in the film industry but it caught my attention and sounded very interesting. This is mostly due to the fact that I have done some work experience for a structural engineer's company and I got to meet the person who worked for that company that was in a job role that was very similar to this job position. I found it very interesting at the time and this type of job appeals to me. Like before I am going to use the traffic light system to show if I match the requirements or not.

"3D Modellers (2 positions)

Luminova UK is a leader in creating computer models and generating accurate 'physical-based' visual output using customised 64 bit modelling and rendering systems. Our service is founded upon highly realistic output, fast turnaround, very large datasets and being on budget. Many of our customers are market leaders in their own right, and the projects we work on are often high profile. Luminova UK delivers large infrastructure projects in a variety of countries.

Luminova UK has 2 x short term contract positions available for 3D Modellers to join our 3D visualization team and would be located at our new project office in W4 London UK.

In Brief the role requires you to:
- Interpret 2D CAD 
- Construct physically accurate computer models.
- Work with teams to deliver models within time and budget constraints.

The right person needs to:
- Have experience in creating architectural models.
- Have qualifications in a relevant field, such as animation, architecture, industrial design where 3D was part of the course and or 
- Have experience in using Maya as package to an advanced level 
- Have experience rendering animations using Mental Ray."

I think that I pretty much meet this job position. However In order to become the perfect candidate I would need to create a better understanding of  the software CAD, and create a better understanding of interpreting 2D structural design drawings from CAD.

I would also need to gain more experience in creating architectural models. As I have only ever modelled a couple of simple buildings. A little bit of time and practice will easily resolve that though.

I am currently working on getting my animation qualification so thats a working progress. I use Maya all the time so getting to an advanced level is very achievable.

The animation project that I just worked on we rendered out with Mental Ray so I now have a fair bit of knowledge about that.

This job role has intrigued me and opened my eyes to the other possibilities of job roles that my skills may attract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment