Thursday 31 March 2011

Researching Current Entry Job Positions Within The Animation Industry

This unit requires me to find some vacant entry level or junior job positions within the animation industry and use the requirements for those job roles as a source to compare and contrast my own skills.

This ties in nicely with a recent assignment that I was required to do for IPP. I had to create a list of the top 5 companies that I would like to work for. Some of the companies on the list are a lot more realistic in terms of me working for them after completing my animation course. Other companies are more of an ambition or a dream. My list is as follows:
  • Pixar
  • Dreamworks Animation
  • Sony Pictures Animation
  • Framestore 
  • Tandem Films
The IPP assignment also required me to list my top 5 skills and abilities. My top 5 skills and abilities are as follows:
  • Modelling
  • UV Mapping
  • Texturing
  • Camera Animation 
  • Good Team Worker
Although I consider these my top 5 skills there is still lots of room for improvement so I need to make sure that I keep practicing and developing them. Ideally I want to work within the Film side of the Animation industry which is a big reason why I chose the companies that I did. My ideal job role would be Modeller this is due to the fact that Modelling is the animation technique that I enjoy the most.

The two lists above give me a good place to start when researching current job vacancies. I will then select a few of the job vacancies that attract my attention most and compare my own skills and abilities to those that the job requires. This will show me what my strongest areas are, what my weakest areas are and will show me what I need to improve or learn in order to make myself employable.   

No comments:

Post a Comment